Monday 10 August 2015

Good Morning,
It's been a busy weekend with new stock arriving, the gorgeous Guess how much I love you arrived and it is just lovely.





Then on Saturday we were off to the fantastic Festival of Quilts at the NEC.


This is my favourite show, full of beautiful quilts made by very talented folk and hundreds of fantastic stands selling everything and anything you could possibly need. I was very good and only brought four fat quarters from the lovely Messy Jessie's stand, some oil cloth and I am going to do a block of the month by the very clever Lynette Anderson. It's called a dog's life and surprise surprise it's dog related! Oh and I did also buy two lights, one for downstairs and one for upstairs. I did indulged in the very clever Janet Clare's new book The Wordsmith. It is such a beautiful book with lots of amazing and inspiring photos. I had my photo taken with her which was lovely except it did show how much fat I need to lose!


I did take a few photos of my favourite quilts but it was difficult to take them as lots were surrounded by people marvelling at them and how wonderful the stitching was. The photos are not the best as I forgot my camera so had to make do with my phone. So I apologize for not doing justice to the quilts and the very talented quilters.
 This quilt was made in six panels, I love the colour of the bike.

This quilt looked just like a photo, the colours were so realistic and both me and Stu loved this one.

Pinks and pastels and hearts are always a winner with me.

This quilt just shouted out winter and America to me.

This amazing quilt was the winner in the Traditional category and each piece of fabric is a tiny 1/4 inch and there was hundreds of  tiny log cabins, it makes you wonder how long it took to make. 

Snowmen, I have a thing for snowmen.

A gorgeous kiss. so sweet.

I can not resist a quilt with a dog on and one with a puppy is just the sweetest.

The best things about the Festival of Quilts is the wonderful quilts and fabrics available which are just so inspiring, the people who go to the show, quilters are the friendliest people in the world, always so helpful and chatty. The worst thing is I always leave and the next day think oh I wish I had brought this, that and the other!
Well I need to start sewing now so I will say cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment