Wednesday 5 August 2015

Using up Scraps of fabric.

I absolutely love fabric and can not bear to throw any away. I recently got some shelves / drawers from a local Laura Ashley shop that was closing down and I decided it was time to sort out all my scrap fabric into a more organised way. I took example from the talented Lori B Holt and I cut them all  up into either different size strips or squares, with the view I would use them rather than just let them sit all messy in a scrap basket. They all do look neat however I still have ended up with a scrap basket! I will sort it out soon.



My hexagon quilt I made was with scraps, all hand sewn using the English Paper  Piecing technique, and I have to say I love it. We have it on our bed and it makes me smile everyday




                  



I have just finished the top of this quilt, again it was used with lots of scraps and I love this one too. I think a quilt with lots of bright colours really are me.








I am off to the festival of the quilts this weekend and I am looking forward to seeing all the quilts plus having a little shop too. I am going to try and resist buying lots of fabric, because I have enough in my personal collection to last me about ten years plus now starting our little online shop You, Me and Mabel I have bolts of beautiful fabric I can just go and look at and stroke whenever I want. However I do love seeing what you lovely folk order and make out of the fabrics. I have a lovely friend who puts together I wouldn't normally choose yet they always look fab and work brilliantly together. I think the secret is being brave. Well need to go now as I have sewing instructions to write up for a kit.  Thank you Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment