Saturday 7 November 2015

Well we are now well into Autumn and I must admit I love this time of year. Walking Mabel is even more of a joy, with the leaves turning colour and sun lower in the sky,  I especially love it when there is a little bit of a nip in the air too. We are very lucky to live very near some stunning countryside, its just a walk up the hill and we are in fields and the walk up to the woods is one of our favourite walks.




Mabel loves it even more if she can find something smelly to roll in, which she did last Friday which resulted in her having to have a bath. As you can see from then the photo she was not impressed! I had a Fitbit for my birthday and it really does motivate me to get my 10,000 steps in daily. I have challenges with my friends too so that gets me moving even more!


I love all the different colours the leaves are turning and Mabel loves rolling in them!

Life has been very busy here. I recently completed a commission and I am hoping it is received warmly, I always get very shy about my own work and always see things I could improve on. I don't have a lot of self confidence with my own work, I know I should but I do find it difficult to be more forgiving of my work. I have been putting more cushion kits together too and I have to admit sitting down and writing the instructions and photographing as I make a sample up is slowly getting easier.

I would just love to be able to just sew daily but I do need to make a living so I am getting more organized! lots of new fabric has come in recently and its all gorgeous, Bloom and Bliss by Riley Blake is just beautiful and its just asking to be made into quilts. I am going to be putting some bundles together and also pre-cuts, as I think pre-cuts are really good if you want a little of everything and you want to make a project quickly. Christmas has come to You me and Mabel, we are stocking Little Joys by Elea Lutz for Riley Blake and Santa Express which is really happy and colourful.








One of my lovely neighbours has got the quilting bug and she made this beautiful quilt for her sofa. She loved the Gentle Forest collection from Studio E and we added some Riley Blake Flutterberry Green to it which really brings out the colours and on the back Riley Blake dots on a brown background. I love putting fabrics together and seeing how adding one fabric can really make all the other ones "POP" It is just one of my very favourite things to do.




Well lots of fireworks are going off outside as its the Saturday after Guy Fawkes night, some are really pretty. Mabel isn't the least bit bothered by them which is good, Hubby said "well she is a gun dog!" Hope you are all having a good autumn and enjoying all the colours and sounds it brings.
Love Sally and Mabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment